Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help controlling 110vDC motor

Status
Not open for further replies.
i got a 130vdc 3.5hp treadmill motor (must have been a big treadmill!)
i run it at 148vdc from lithium polymers. but a full wave bridge and a few big caps is the same.. this powers a bicycle.

i used a sg3524 ... almost half the pins are grounded out or connected together, so its really easy circuit.. i use a murata dc-dc 1watt converter to get my 12v (few bucks) for the chip... but u guys got AC so whatever... :)

anyway... all u need is a few caps , a few R's and a trimpot for throttle,.. then output to a tc4422 driver... then output that to whatever.

igbt u may want negative gate volts at turn off, so go with a driver like td351 that has active miller clamp.... or actually use negative volts.

i bet the schematic is on this site lol..
Actually that is a standard professional grade teadmill motor. They are rated for 500lb joggers.

So...how much did you pay for the lithiums? must have been quite a bundle to supply 3KW for a reasonable amount of time.

at any rate you are oversimplifying. you need a good gate diver, phenominal switch (60A@200V), 60A high speed rectifier, and sufficiant thermals to keep the junctions below 100C when they are both dissipating over 50W each.

Dan

Update to DC motor speed controler.

It turns out that DART Contorls has a real nice controler 125D with options C and V (high voltage and variable Hz, C and V respectively). I stumbled onto the original post of a schematic on the first page of replies to this original post (125Dmanual.pdf) I googled it and found the mfg. (DART), they have a great site, AND there are many of their controlers for sale on ebay.

NOTE: I am NOT affilated with DART or ebay, just a guy looking for a good DC controler, and was impressed with DART's website.

Ebay's site on these:

dart controls items - Get great deals on eBay Motors, Business Industrial items on eBay.com!

As well Dart's corporate website.

125D 1/50-1HP DC Drive | Dart Controls

Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back