Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help change frequeney

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrel

Hello
Does anyone know how to change the frequency of Brand name (UNINEX model VS-14 ) Video selector switch with remote control.
I purchase two of these video selector ,problem is the remote is control both video seclector box at the same time .
If I can change the frequency of one box at lease the other box will not control by the same remote.
The remote is Infrared type device.
Thank for the infor.
mrel

Cover the IR port on one box.

Yes, it's not a question of frequency, it's a question of been able to set each device to use a different device ID code - which isn't something you can add, it has to be built-in.

If I cover port the of one box than what good is have a remote. control
So the main question is how do I change the frequency of one box and the remote control frequency.
mrel

If you can't change remote code of one of the boxes , then I think your sorta hosed.

If I cover port the of one box than what good is have a remote. control
So the main question is how do I change the frequency of one box and the remote control frequency.
mrel

Like I've already explained, the frequency has nothing to do with it, and you can't change the coding if it's not designed to be changed.

I open the video selector

I open the video selector box there is a chip inside the box with this number (HT 48R05A-1 = A716G19533N) is this a chip holds the controls on the box.
Is there a way to read the information on that chip?
mrel

I open the video selector box there is a chip inside the box with this number (HT 48R05A-1 = A716G19533N) is this a chip holds the controls on the box.
Is there a way to read the information on that chip?
mrel

Assuming it's a micro, it's almost certainly copy protected so you can't read it.

You could program a PIC (or other micro) to receive a different remote signal, convert it to the one required by your unit, and insert it directly where the demodulated IR signal normally goes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back