Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help>> as soon as possible!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Abeer_engjbr said:
hey
it's not urgent, and i need to bulid it withen two monthes, but i need an idea what to use , how to start!<< as this is my graduating project and the Dr need to see what have i done so far.. and to be hounest i am not that good when it comes to design circuits.. usefull sites or books would be a great help! thx:) :)

Isn't the point of the assignment is so that you become good at designing circuits? You're supposed to be demonstrating your skills, so show us what you've done and often we're happy to help.

you are right ...looool ... but.... i said earlier that my Dr is not offering any help.. and while we are taking courses in electrical engineering and labes of electronics and communication, our goal is to understand in addition to get high grades.. but realy designing circuits have'nt got many attention from our Dr.s.. and when we graduate after 3 monthes am sure that things would be better in real life as we will depend on our knowledge to go on... you know i didn't ask to give me the circuit itself but i asked for useful books or sites to build it then i'll test the result... because as i said am not that good in designing circuits so i don't know how to start.....
A.j

Hello every one... and thx alot for all your help :rolleyes: ;) ..

i need to know is there a way to mesure the power of the ir signal comming from mobile by a circuit or so,, and how to amplify it (as it is low) by a java code or C++ code....
another queistion what is 555 timer and what is it's purpose in the ir repeater circuit:confused: :confused: ....
thx..

Abeer_engjbr,

Many of us have jobs and lives outside of forums (oh, say it ain't so!), and consider these discussions entertainment, so respond as time permits. I'm up at 5Am because I couldn't sleep. ;)

First, as to testing the IR output level:
http://www.electronics-lab.com/projects/test/003/
I have not used this circuit, but it looks like it might work.
I would replace the meter with an oscilliscope to better visualize the signal. Google: [IR remote control tester] for more possibilities.

Amplifing the signal (coming out of your transmitter) by Java, C++, or any programm is not possible. It's a function of the electronic hardware. You would need something to receive the weak signal from your transmitter, amplify it, and send out stronger version to the final destination...an IR repeater. Did you read blueroomelectronic's link?:
http://www.cedarnet.org/smartware/Hardware/IR_Repeater/
(A really bad schematic.)
Read "How it works" in the above link for the explanation of the 555's function. Or is this electronic hardware an area totally outside your current educational background?

Ken

Ken
i know that many of you have lives( OF COURSE!) , but am a student you know and don't get much sleep.. and realy if your entertainment helps the world becoming a better place... GOD BLESS YOU!
I would replace the meter with an oscilliscope to better visualize the signal. Google: [IR remote control tester] for more possibilities.
what is the meter
and the second link contain a circuit that works with 58kHz remotes, not 40kHz so what can i do in order to deal with 40kHz?
and to be hounest this is my first time to hear about 555 timer....

Abeer_engjbr

Yea it's an ugly schematic, but there is a nicer one on his site.
And no progamming required. Read about the 555 and you should be able to figure out what values you need to modulate it a 40kHz.
PS the LM555 is the most popular IC ever made.
If this is a school project then it's up to you to learn how it works, if you need an IR extender they're are nice ones for sale on the net. Some have RF.

am 21,, and its not a school project, its a graduating project, may i know what is your occupation?
Read about the 555 and you should be able to figure out what values you need to modulate it a 40kHz.
i'll read about it now , and if i have any Q afterwards may i ask you ?

Abeer_engjbr said:
am 21,, and its not a school project, its a graduating project, may i know what is your occupation?
i'll read about it now , and if i have any Q afterwards may i ask you ?

Graduating project! You want to submit a simple IR extender copied directly from the web? How are you going to explain its function? You're SUPPOSED to be submitting a finished project that YOU UNDERSTAND.

As for questions post em here or search google.

am just in the begining... and as i know what is it am going to bulid it then test if it works( withen this week after i buy the components) , then if it didn't work i'll try to solve the design problems, then through all that and with the help of our superviser i'll understand how it does it work...
you get the idea that i don't know anything.. but am just in the begining as i said earlier( i've just started it) and you know now i've a clear idea about the design, realy every thing that you advissed me to open(web pages you conclude) i found 3 weeks ago( in the holiday)...

Gives you plenty of time to read up on the LM555.

As for the meter part that will not work with IR demodulator ICs as their output is digital.

PS is there something wrong with your shift key?

yep how did you find out?! actully the letters on the keybourd is not clear and am typing as i can remember where they are.. and after posting i see so many mistakes in typing.. so sorry>..

yes of course! are you making fun of me ,, i said yep i have problem with shift key and with thw location of letters as well !!111!!!!!!

No your messages are clear and understandable, just wondering why you (and not only you but many users) don't bother with capitalization?

i don't like capitalization! why the formality ? you will understand wither am writing in formal or withen the spoken words! but you know in rather reports or papers We Must Capitalize,,, how old are you? am feeling 28,yes?
Take Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back