Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help>> as soon as possible!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abeer_engjbr

hi everyone
i need help to build a circuit that could catch infared signal from a device then resend it to TV .. and also solve the interference problem if exected>>
i need a general idea how to build it as am using a mobile as a tv remote and i found the software to turn it into remote mode, but there still the problem of distance as ir power in mobile is too weak, so i am making this circuit to solve this problem, in addition to LINE OF SITE problem(maybe by placing 4 Leds on the corneres).. please i need help ASAP:( :( :( !!!!!
[/FONT][/FONT]

thx..but.,,

hey
it's not urgent, and i need to bulid it withen two monthes, but i need an idea what to use , how to start!<< as this is my graduating project and the Dr need to see what have i done so far.. and to be hounest i am not that good when it comes to design circuits.. usefull sites or books would be a great help! thx:) :)

What are you studying? I guess it must be an Electronics Engineering qualification, else your tutor would not ask you to complete this kind of project?

Brian

guss what! am studying communication engineering! and my graduating project is all about electronics! i have seen this link through my research and i need smthing more usful,, smthing practical>> i need to start at least loool

A "practical" starting point for what you want is the correct name..."IR Repeater"

Ken

My guess is, as with all communications systems...from "talking to your friends" to the most sophisticated medium...there will be interference. This is where you need to research the whys and wherefores of the protocals involved in existing IR remotes.

Ken

thx again,, but realy i must have some thoughts what this circuit look like( a general idea at least) , because you know i am almost done with college(this is my last semester), and all my studies will be only 4 years, so i guess i don't have enough confedance when it comes to real life stuff (beside studying and doning exams all year!),,, so please if you can guied me to the right way to design the circuit,,as my Dr realy does nothing but ask me for the last 3 monthes ( WHAT HAVE YOU DONE SO FAR!!!!!!!!).

In this this day and age, I (62 years old) can't believe I need to say this to a young college student, but:
"Google what you need": IR repeater circuit.
Ken

thank you very much for your time>> you are such a great person,, and if you found any books or usefull sites let me know>> bye
if i need help from u what's your e-mail address..

Abeer_engjbr,

I'm not sure if "I" can offer any more help. Communications technology is not my specialty. I work with researchers and students all the time in fields where I'm way out of my league. But, have learned to just keep asking questions until we can clearly communicate. The more specific the question the better, but also keep people aware of how it relates to your overall project.

Good hunting!

Ken

thx Daniek for your help... you know my project consist of two parts: software by java or C++ to turn mobile into remote control , and hardware to solve the weak IR signal comming from mobile and testing in labes in addition to interferance problem . and i need spare time after that to write the project documentation and prepare the presentation >> all of that while am taking 3 coureses this semester... so 3 monthes is not quiet enoughe..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back