Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help about phone line

Status
Not open for further replies.

alitex

hi all
i make project that can detect DTMF/SCK by sm8223 IC,but i want when i recieve call make hook-off to send some command by AVR controller (mega16),
is there method that i can make hook-off ?
thanks alot

Last edited:
Connect a 470 ohm resistor across the line to take it 'off-hook'

A 470 ohm resistor across a North American telephone line will dissipate about only 0.21W which is not a lot. Use a 0.5W resistor in opean air and it will be fairly warm, not hot.

Different languages are strange.

A can of beer "opens", not a phone line.
A phone line goes "off hook".
If a can of beer goes off hook then you are plastered and should not drink any more beer.

But many weird things happen in Syria? Like hardly any alcohol in beer?

Different languages are strange.

A can of beer "opens", not a phone line.
A phone line goes "off hook".
If a can of beer goes off hook then you are plastered and should not drink any more beer.

But many weird things happen in Syria? Like hardly any alcohol in beer?

ok,thanks for right english,but really i don't drink beer;)

A 470 ohm resistor across a North American telephone line will dissipate about only 0.21W which is not a lot. Use a 0.5W resistor in opean air and it will be fairly warm, not hot.

i measured the current across 680 ohm/4W the value of current is 250mA at least, what is ur opinion about it?

i measured the current across 680 ohm/4W the value of current is 250mA at least, what is ur opinion about it?
Your country is very strange:
No beer.
Extremely high telephone line current.
I won't talk about your religion (Muslim?).

250mA in 680 ohms produces 42.5W which will quickly smoke a 4W resistor. Maybe the current is only 25mA.
Current is measured in series with the load, not "across" the load.

Put your current meter in series with your normal telephone. Then lift the telephone handset and see what the current is. That will tell you the current you need to use to simulate "off hook".

Your country is very strange:
No beer.
Extremely high telephone line current.
I won't talk about your religion (Muslim?).

250mA in 680 ohms produces 42.5W which will quickly smoke a 4W resistor. Maybe the current is only 25mA.
Current is measured in series with the load, not "across" the load.

ok right the current is 25mA
i'm sorry again but really i'm newbie ,but i talk about my self for beer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back