Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need good programmer for Bipom µC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slickit

Hello everyone i have just gotten a shiny new BiPOM Mini-max/51-C2(BiPOM Electronics - MINI-MAX/51-C2 Single Board Computer with 8051 Microcontroller) and i am looking for a nice programmer to use but first some background on me. I am an electronics engineer student at ITT tech and i started my first µC class 3 weeks ago, i am a very fast learner and pretty good at programming at least in VB. Im not sure if my previous experience will help a whole lot but im getting the general gist of things. I would like to program simple things first like a keypad to 7 segment/LCD. Or if everyone thinks thats too hard im open to ideas and plenty of suggestions or sample codes to start analyzing to better my understanding of the programming process involved with micro-controllers. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. and as i said sample / practice code is welcome.

Did you read This I think you need to BiPOM Electronics - Micro C 8051 Development System Quick Start Guide
In-circuit Programming/Debugging of the micro-controller through the serial port
and for sure read this https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2009/06/mm51c2_quick_start.pdf
The board operates in the two modes:
1- RUN mode
2- PROGRAM mode
Run mode is a standard mode when AT89C51ED2 is running its own program.
Program mode is a special mode when the hardware conditions during the reset pulse forces the onchip
boot loader execution.
PC changes the board mode through the RS-232 serial interface by a using of RTS line.
PIC16F818 is polling this line permanently and if the signal changes the level then PIC16F818 switches
the board mode.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back