Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need equation to calculate frequency of 555

Status
Not open for further replies.

polashd

dear all

I need the equation to calculate frequency of timer 555 for the schematic attached.
can any one please provide me the formula for this diagram.

Attachments

• IMG_20200312_155345.jpg
    IMG_20200312_155345.jpg
    328.1 KB · Views: 187
Not for the circuit he drew! I've never seen that version of a PWM circuit with a 555.

Not for the circuit he drew! I've never seen that version of a PWM circuit with a 555.
Thanks for understanding this, which I mentioned in both lines of my post.

In most schematics if you change one (frequency / duty%) the other gets affected (as far I understand (which is very little)).

As I mentioned, the equation should be applicable for the diagram I attached.
I use this diagram to vary duty% without affecting frequency.

To do that you have to alter two resistors at the same time (R2/R3), hence the two separate timing resistors and diodes so that one charges and the other discharges. So you would probably need to calculate the timing of each resistor separately, and combine them to give the combined frequency. Presumably the diodes will affect the actual result to some degree?, but calculations are fairly inaccurate anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back