Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Datalogging volt and ammeter for solar project

Status
Not open for further replies.

wtperry00

Hello
I need an up to 1000 mA and 12 v meter with datalogging capabilities into a .csv file for a solar project.
please post any recemendations

I use a Protek 506 for that.

It seems that that is obsolete. It says on Protek's Website. Also it is way to expenisve for my budget. I'm sorry I forgot to mention it, but I was looking for something under $100 if possible.

Last edited:
He means samples per second, what you are talking about is channels. Resolution is how many digits of accuracy you expect.

blueroomelectronics, it dosent need to be very accurate maybe +- 100 mA +- 1 v also it does not need to be a datalogger as I can connect it to a PC. Also 1 sample per two minutes should be a good sample rate.
KMoffett, Do I need extra parts? Or do I only need the logger?

Last edited:
I use one of these. Its more than $100, but as a data logger it does want you want. I made a test fixture that records voltage at one channel and current on the other. I have run it as long as 20 days at a time. you can select a sampling rate where the .csv file is manageable.

blueroomelectronics, it dosent need to be very accurate maybe +- 100 mA +- 1 v also it does not need to be a datalogger as I can connect it to a PC. Also 1 sample per two minutes should be a good sample rate.
KMoffett, Do I need extra parts? Or do I only need the logger?

Since the input is +/- 10vdc you will need two resistors to make a voltage divider to scale the ~+12v down to +10V. You will also need a low resistance resistor (0.5Ω/2W) to convert current to voltage that the converter can read.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back