Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need assistance with OrCAD 9.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

supernova

I am trying to simulate a circuit with OrCAD 9.2, here is the problem:

I need to adjust a variable resistor in the circuit to have a certain voltage at one of the nodes. I know how to set up a bias point analysis but I have no idea of variable resistor adjustment during the analysis. Maybe I should set up a different circuit analysis?

Could somebody please help?

Thank you

Variable resistor cannot be varied during simulation. So u will have to simulate many times, each time changing the value of the resistor in the schematic.

Or perhaps, instead of the resistor, put a voltage source at the node u want the voltage.

fsahmed is correct, you can't very resistance during testing.

Take out the pot circuit and just put in a voltage source for the simulation. Have the voltage source vary... it'll be doing the same thing that the pot does, as all it does when you change the resistance is vary the voltage.[/u]

Follow up

Thank you fsahmed & plot for your comments.

I figured out the resistance by repeating the simulation for a few times just as fsahmed said.

Now there is another problem:
Basically the circuit is a small signal amplifier which I need to examine. I need to feed in a sine wave signal & plot both the input & output signals against time. I know how to set up a voltage source with VSRC but there is no setting for the frequency! And I haven't figured out which analysis I should use. Doing all this is simple in MultiSIM but I'm trying to move to OrCAD.

By the way if you know a good practical tutorial on OrCAD suitable for second year electronics students, that is book or on-line please let me know.

Cheers

From the source library, choose VSIN instead of VSRC for sinusoidal signal. & Keep the simulation setting to Time Domain analysis. The best tutorials for ORCAD r the ones that come with the software, online pdf manuals r available at

**broken link removed**

A good way to practice on ORCAD is simulating circuits given in books, where u know all the values at every point in the circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back