Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need adv. on what cpu controler to use ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

qbsystems

has any one worked with led displays that display color graphics ??

i need a clue on a controler for the led matrix ...

in order to star learning how it works ...

tks....

You're asking the wrong question I think. If you're looking for a uC for your project, thats a loaded question. I personally prefer Atmel's AVR line. They're inexpensive, powerful, FLASH (as opposed to PIC's which are often OTP), and require no special equipment to program (building a programmer is an easy task for AVR's).

If you're looking for a specific controller for an LCD, we need a bit more information as to what kind of LCD you're using, etc. (I assume you mean LCD and not LED, since you are talking about "color graphics").

Gandledorf said:
If you're looking for a specific controller for an LCD, we need a bit more information as to what kind of LCD you're using, etc. (I assume you mean LCD and not LED, since you are talking about "color graphics").

You've missed a previous thread Gandledorf, he's wanting to build a PC monitor using coloured LED's - presumably three per pixel?.

For a standard VGA monitor (640x480) that's 921,600 LED's and 2080 driver transistors! - assuming normal multiplexing.

It has been done commercially, even using coloured lamps for massive outdoor TV displays - but the costs are massive as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back