Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need a simple 12 volt latching relay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you could build a small circuit, you could use a toggle FF IC, such as a CD4013 with a transistor buffer, which would alternately turn a single relay on and off in response to the PB signal.

There's actually an automotive grade chip for that ....U6032B AMTEL

eT

If the feed to the relay logic/fog lamps comes from a fuse in the fuse-block that is switched on/off with the key, then problem solved.

as I will say again the signal I'm getting is direct from the switch, its signal goes to the bcm, I could get a signal from the bcm for the fogs and use normal relay but I will have to pay Mini dealership a hour labor to reprogram the bcm to allow the fogs.

as I will say again the signal I'm getting is direct from the switch,...

But there is no guarantee that the switched signal out of your BCM/dash is up to supplying several Amps to run the lamps. You still need to feed power to the switching relays/lamps and use the dash switch to initiate the relays. That new circuit should be fused for ~10A.

But there is no guarantee that the switched signal out of your BCM/dash is up to supplying several Amps to run the lamps. You still need to feed power to the switching relays/lamps and use the dash switch to initiate the relays. That new circuit should be fused for ~10A.

well the lights tgemself already have a standard Bosch relay on them

well the lights tgemself already have a standard Bosch relay on them

Right, you will replace the single existing Bosch relay with three relays which make up the flip-flop. The existing switch in the dash will feed power only to the coil of the "third" relay; not to the fog lights. The power feed to the fog lights will come from whatever feeds the existing Bosch relay....

The U6032B IC suggested by eTech will provide the toggle action you need, with built-in switch debouncer and a driver that can directly control your existing Bosh relay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back