Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need a schematic

Status
Not open for further replies.

yojo77

I have an old "Simpson Multimeter" model 260, it has sentimantal value.
I cannot zero the Ohmmeter in the Rx1 scale, does any one know where I could get a schematic?
Thanks

Simpson 260

The first thing I would do is replace the D cell. It is used as I recall on the RX1 and the RX10 scales. If the battery is good, there is a resistor about
10 ohms(original value) that has changed value. I have replaced them with a 10 ohm 1/2W resistor.

Schematic for Simpson Multimeter

Thanks for your suggestion.
The battery is ok, and the meter can be " zerod" in the Rx100.
In the Rx1 it can be adjusted to about two ohms.
Since you worked on this type of multimeter before
can you tell me if the ten Ohm resistor is under the variable potentiometer?. I checked the pot and it was ok.
There are many resistors in the small holes, and you can"t see the value unless you unsolder them one at a time.

Thanks

Re: Schematic for Simpson Multimeter

yojo77 said:
Thanks for your suggestion.
The battery is ok, and the meter can be " zerod" in the Rx100.

I don't know this particular meter, but on Rx1 analogue meters take LOTS! more current from the battery - so it's perfectly normal for it still to zero OK on Rx100 even when the battery is poor.

For this reason you must check the battery under load, it's no use just measuring it's off load voltage - test it under a decent load (few hundred milliamps), or better still check it by replacement.

If you've done all this - just ignore me :lol:

Thanks for all the suggestions but I already have tried all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back