Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need a part number for a diode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

1997 GA16DE

hey guys, I need a diode that will work on 12V (14V to be safe) and that can handle 25W.

I'm working on my car, and I got a 25 watt bulb for the blinker. When the blinker is on, the signal to the bulb is +12V but when it's off, it's -12V. I'm trying to get both the blinker and the brakelight onto 1 filament, but if I don't put a diode on the blinker, the current from the brake will run back up the blinker source.

You need 1- 1 diodes serial the brake and blinker positive wire. I recommend to use schottky diodes for best results e.g MBR360 or 1N5822

no, it's 12V. Not really sure how to decrribe it. It's positive when the signal is illuminated and it's negative/ground when the blinker is off. I would just pick up a regulat 12-15V diode, but most that I've seen handle between .5W and 1W. I'm powering a 25 watt bulb, so if I ran a diode like that on the seup, I would just burn the **** out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back