Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need a part ( IC to be exact )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian Rogers

User Extraordinaire
Forum Supporter
Most Helpful Member
I have a need for a transistor array.. The Good ol' UDN2981.. unobtainium at the mo.
Allegro bought this beastie and renamed it A2981 and A2982... I'm facing a delivery time of mid 2022!!

Not a good start to a new product.. So I'm trying to redesign... Does anyone know of an 8 channel PNP transistor array??? Its like a needle in a haystack.

I have put 8 PNP transistors on the prototype but IC's would be better... The NPN's are abundant as many as I can eat.. I know its just the pandemic that caused this, but there MUST be another array....

I have tried P type fets, but they are nearly all complementary pairs...

What are the circuit / load characteristics you are trying to switch?

ak

I have a need for a transistor array.. The Good ol' UDN2981.. unobtainium at the mo.
Allegro bought this beastie and renamed it A2981 and A2982... I'm facing a delivery time of mid 2022!!

Not a good start to a new product.. So I'm trying to redesign... Does anyone know of an 8 channel PNP transistor array??? Its like a needle in a haystack.

I have put 8 PNP transistors on the prototype but IC's would be better... The NPN's are abundant as many as I can eat.. I know its just the pandemic that caused this, but there MUST be another array....

I have tried P type fets, but they are nearly all complementary pairs...

Might try one of these
Toshiba TBD62783.
Toshiba has a few of these type of arrays.

1638824386885.png

diodesinc.com shows following on their products page -

1638827515572.png

Regards, Dana.

Sorry I can’t be of help, Ian.

This Silicon shortage is now affecting even jellybean components. Last week Digikey even ran out of MMBT3904 transistors!
They have received some inventory now.

What are the circuit / load characteristics you are trying to switch?

ak
Tiny.. 16 ~ 25mA... Large scale display.. But I'm bumping it up to 12v from 5v.

Last edited:
Might try one of these
Toshiba TBD62783.
Toshiba has a few of these type of arrays.

View attachment 134762
Cool... This may do nicely.... DMOS??? Never heard of it til now... Double diffused Mosfet!!! There you go... I learn something again..

AND!! In stock at £1 a piece.... Cheers for that..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back