Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need a larger sim card

Status
Not open for further replies.

themikestar

i want a way of storing upto 700 phone numbers on a mobile phone sim card, in the phonebook (nokia phone). i have seen blank sim cards that can store 250 numbers and can have upto 12 different operators, it's like having 12 sim cards on one. I'm thinking if they didn't waste all the space on the multiple operator function maybe there would be enough space for around 700 numbers. Even if i had a seperate sim card that i put in the phone that had only the phone book on it and i couldn't use it for calls maybe that would give me enough space.Or if i had a mmc card externally from the phone that was linked to a dummy sim. Is any of this possible ??

Reply to Sim Card

In the US you can only use one operator per sim card, but i have never heard of anything like this

Hey, I don`t know about the VS, but if we have a sim then we will have one operator where we are paying to but if they can`t get us a good connectoin then it is posseble to take a order operator but you still pay to your normal operator. But you use a order network.
You can store numbers on a sim but you can store them on your GSM to. So if you have a GSM with much flash in it then you can store much numbers if you like.

But I don`t know if you realy need to hold 700 numbers in one GSM then I think its better to use advanced GSM/organicer.

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back