Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need a crossover

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike03

Iwould like to construct a 24db octave 3 way electronic crossover anyone has any circuit or ideas to share?

What are your power requirements? Crossover construction is critically dependent on the amount of power it needs to handle.

I'm referring to a active crossover of high quality and precision I will be using it on a reggae sound system for(bass,low mid,mid,highmid,high)20hz-30khz or close

Does this mean that it has to handle just line level upstream of several sets of amplifiers? If so, some time spent with FilterPro (free download from TI's website) will provide you with high and low pass opamp filters tailored to your specs. You have to know the cutoff frequencies and how many poles per filter, though.

That's a lot for me. I was just hoping for someone to help me get a diagram to get a pcb for the project

Why don't you buy a commercial crossover? If you don't know what you're doing you're gonna waste more time and money playing around than if you'd just bought one in the first place.
I did a quick google search and came up with this thing.
10 Channel Active Crossover Network - OPTIX10 - Buy.com
That would act as a mixer before the actual amplifiers, and you'd use separate amplifiers for each channel. I'm sure if you look around long enough you'd find something cheaper or more modest to meet your exact needs.

24db per octave is a very steep cutoff

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back