Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need 220 vold dc output charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

tanveer habib

Hello, I need to make a charger, which gets 220v AC and convert it to 220 DC, also I want to get maximum 10 Amp current on output.

waiting for reply

That is a two thousand two hundred watt power supply. Are you able to build such a thing? What is this for, and what is your skill set for such a large project?

ak

Even a 56V 10A charger is not a trivial project. Have you considered how you will achieve charge balancing of the individual cells making up the battery? What is the battery chemistry?

every cell is 7.2 nickle battery.
Actually a NiMh cell has a nominal voltage of 1.2V, so your basic unit would be a 6S cell-pack.
You would need 8 packs to make up your 56V. To charge them safely, each pack's voltage and temperature would need to be monitored.
ICs are available for controlling safe charging of cells in series, but I don't know of any designed to handle 8 packs making up a 56V battery. Other members here may be aware of some.

yes i need a safe charging facility and need such diagram to provide 56 v dc safely... also not forget that i need 10 ampere also beside 56v dc

Actually a NiMh cell has a nominal voltage of 1.2V, so your basic unit would be a 6S cell-pack.
You would need 8 packs to make up your 56V. To charge them safely, each pack's voltage and temperature would need to be monitored.
ICs are available for controlling safe charging of cells in series, but I don't know of any designed to handle 8 packs making up a 56V battery. Other members here may be aware of some.
yes correct each cell is of 7.2 volt and 6.5 amp now my question is can you tell me how much voltage charger is require to charge it fully but not harm it. and as its capacity is 6.5 amp so how much maximum amp can i give it maximum.

Termination of charging by voltage limiting is not possible with NiMh; it only works for Pb batteries.

You really need to study and learn the correct charging algorithm for NiMh. **broken link removed**

each cell is of 7.2 volt and 6.5 amp
No. Each cell is 1.2V. The cell-pack (battery) is 7.2V. There;s no such animal as a 6.5A battery. Do you mean 6.5 AmpereHours (Ah)? What is the rated maximum charging current for your cell-pack (this is not the same thing as the Ah capacity)?

y
No. Each cell is 1.2V. The cell-pack (battery) is 7.2V. There;s no such animal as a 6.5A battery. Do you mean 6.5 AmpereHours (Ah)? What is the rated maximum charging current for your cell-pack (this is not the same thing as the Ah capacity)?
yes 6.5 AmpereHours and its 1c charging capacity

So the maximum charge current will be 6.5A. How will you decide when to stop charging? Did you read Mike's link in post #11?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back