Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Narrow Band FM 2 wire antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

StudentSA

Good Day,

I have a Narrow Band FM Receiver that I am experimenting with. I wanted to find out why it has two equal lengths of wire as the antenna?

When inspecting the PCB one wire in connected to a point marked "ANT" and the other to "GND".

Why would we need to take the ground point as part of our antenna?

If reception is weak would it be possible for me to replace this with another antenna that would boost signal?

Thanks

Thought as much.
In terms of orientation would it be better to run them outward from each other in a vertical or horizontal direction?

Generally speaking, when unsure of the orientation of the transmitting antennae, most lower frequency dipoles, especially in the 2- 20MHz range, are horizontal. Easier to deploy due to their length.

for NBFM, usually, this is used above 50Mhz, and the most common antenna orientation is vertical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back