Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Name using a 7-segment display

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your name, shudson0? With one 7 segment display!?!?!?!? I can't, maybe the rest can?? Impossible for me...

shudson0 said:
Can anyone help me display my name using one 7-segment display using Digital Works.

Don't know if you want a font? I have a MAN6940 7 Segment font for free download from my site. It has the 7 Segment alphabet.

Attachments

• 7seg.gif
    7seg.gif
    4.4 KB · Views: 214
Digital works will not enable you to do that.

You could probably display words
using one seven segment display
if you have it spinning around ...
like one of those propeller clocks.

If you succeed in displaying your name using one 7-seg display,
please post a photograph.

Regards, John :)

Display your name with the display showing one letter after the other.
Then people reading it must be smart enough to remember all the letters that were shown. Stupid people won't be able to read it, even if they know how to read.

well, i can't read that.
I can't even tell what it is ...

Duh! It looks like it displays three something. It is almost 4:00.
It is a very nice animation.

Yea, but what's the 'h' for? I do agree that the animation is nice, the 3D effect as well. I have a friend who likes also drawing 3D objects, usually we save the pictures one by one and then combine to become single gif file.

Yea, but the spinning cube cannot be stolen.. :D
The oscilloscope is nice, but how come the display is circle shaped? Look like a radar.. hehe

bananasiong said:
Yea, but the spinning cube cannot be stolen.. :D
The oscilloscope is nice, but how come the display is circle shaped? Look like a radar.. hehe

That's how scope tubes used to look - although sometimes the round tube was concealed by a rectangular bezel.

Somewhere on the Japanese guy's site I saw a link to the site that shows how to make your own spinning cube with your own pics.

My real oscilloscope has a round CRT and it originally had a round face. Then I added a rectangular Heathkit bezzel to make it look much newer.

I think my parents had a colour TV with a round face. A long time ago.

Yes I remember. There is a spoilt CRO in my school, I can see the cylinder shaped tube inside the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back