Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Name of component in diptrace?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt you'll find that component specifically, but you should be able to work with the symbol and footprint for a a 3x1 2.54mm/0.100" header. That's essentially what that is.

Easiest way is to just add 3 x pads, the spacing will be 0.1"/2.54mm. Adjust the pad properties to suit.
If you want to make a pattern use Pattern editor and draw some lines around the pads.
Same if you want a component but use Component editor.
Re number 2 of the pads from 1 to 2 & 3 or the editor will complain.
If you've never used the editors this will be a very easy starter project.
Most of the time I find it is easier to make up my own patterns rather than searching through the libraries.

Thank you, I found a component that I modified but rest of the circuit I had it easier to make my own patterns like you say, than using the library. Im not familiar with any standards and there were a lot different to choose from in the library...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back