Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

My Workshop Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys

I've been away for a few days and it seems I've been missing all the fun !

As much as I understand and value your points of view, I have to say I think your misunderstanding my motives somewhat.

As a novice hobbyist I would be the first to agree that there will be a limit to the usefulness of an Adjustable Constant Load to me once I've finished building my PSU's. However, my understanding of voltage regulation, voltage dividers, Inverting Op Amps, Overload Protection, Thermistors etc are all extremely limited and in some areas non-existent. The schematic I'm working with involves all of these principles and more and building it gives me the opportunity to read about and calculate and theorise from the books I've bought and then take that to the circuit board and build it and try it out and learn from it. That to me is infinitely more valuable than the finished piece of equipment will ever be even if I get a job testing PSUs.

For example, I'm already considering replacing the supply in with a wall wart and a voltage regulator as more stable than the TVS and smoothing caps on the original plan. Also, I've done some calculations for the voltage divider and have found some possible problems.

I don't have many of the answers yet, but I'm getting there and the biggest plus of all is that I'm learning fast. When I've done and it's built and works as I want it to - who cares if I only use it every time the moon shines green with orange diagonal stripes, I will have already had more value from it than can be counted in any other currency than beaming satisfaction ..

As always, I value your help with this beyond anything else .. ..

Regards

S

Amen to that, MM. I have been having much the same experience with stuff I've been doing. Good for you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back