Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

my new 'Arduino -uno ' kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello everyone...

I've just bought one 'Arduino - uno' kit for myself .... I am a beginner in this field...
I've not even opened the seal of that kit..

I have two questions:
1. do i need a separate power supply for this board (kit) ... or the data cable (with usb) is enough to power this.!
2. easy step wise tutorial available on internet...!

Regards

Simran

It all depends what you're powering from the Uno, but for most applications USB power is fine.

Googling will find endless tutorials on-line, but working through the supplied tutorials with the kit (you may need to download them) is probably a good starting point.

Been trying to program a Wemos Mini this morning, really struggling - Arduino IDE couldn't find the serial port, so I installed the CP2102 drivers - still no luck?.

Eventually I noticed that I had one white USB lead plugged in the computer, and a DIFFERENT white USB lead plugged in the Wemos Mini! :banghead:

Eventually I noticed that I had one white USB lead plugged in the computer, and a DIFFERENT white USB lead plugged in the Wemos Mini! :banghead:
I think we've all done similar things. I have an 8 port hub with switches and multiple Arduinos connected. I switch off and on the relevant port to see which port blinks.

Mike.

Eventually I noticed that I had one white USB lead plugged in the computer, and a DIFFERENT white USB lead plugged in the Wemos Mini!

I've never done that, Not me, never!

(Only because my USB leads are all black... I've confused them often enough!)

Been trying to program a Wemos Mini this morning, really struggling - Arduino IDE couldn't find the serial port, so I installed the CP2102 drivers - still no luck?.

I have not (yet) done that one. I have USB cables always connected as well as available slots for additions. What I have noticed, however, is that whether it is a B micro or mini plug or even an A, I have them the wrong side up ~ 95% of the time when I first attempt the connection. You would think it would be closer to 50% or that I would, at least, turn on a bright light and first look carefully at plug and socket. Oddly, that also has not happened.

Got watch things now usb C has 9 volts on these newer chargers I'm sure some usb cord will figure how to get that out of it.
I use usb chargers alot for power some are able to put out 2 to 3 amps.

I was reading tho the new USB C I think on new computers has the same 9 volt output so usb is no longer just 5 volts
I keep my phone charger away from My toys
The phone charger puts out 9 volts to fast charge the phone don't really no how that works out with a dumb cord but I do no it only working with the new usb cord for the phone I got a spare for my truck and used it with the wall charger and it's way slower
at charging.
They say it lets you charge at a faster rate and the phone handles charging

Got watch things now usb C has 9 volts on these newer chargers
USB C starts out with only 5V when you connect anything, but the two devices can negotiate a higher voltage, if needed and the source end can supply it; anything up to something like 20V to charge laptops etc. using the same connector.

The variable voltage supply is on different pins to the basic 5V supply.

whether it is a B micro or mini plug or even an A, I have them the wrong side up
I use a magic marker to put a mark on the connector (on the metal plug if the cord is black) to know which end goes up when I plug it in.

I use a magic marker to put a mark on the connector (on the metal plug if the cord is black) to know which end goes up when I plug it in.

It's not a bad idea. I think maybe I will get some red and green paint/nail polish or something and paint the long side (the top jaw of the duck's mouth) Green and the other side Red. I might be able to learn that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back