Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

My low voltage lighting system...

Status
Not open for further replies.
suicidalmonkey said:
Are you going to use coloured globes or filters?

Can you post the plans of how you are going to attach the lights to the wires.

I was going to use normal halogen downlights... :p

haven't decided yet, but I know there are things available to attach the globes, so they are on the end of short, stiff rods, and the mount actually screws into the wire so you can adjust the angle of the globe (kinda hard to explain) but I don't need this, as I was just going to have the globes hanging, so, I may just wrap the wires from the globe holder around the power wire... :)

alright...

I think I'm using four seperate 60VA switchmode halogen downlight transformers for this...

the reason being, for $9, I get the powersupply, globe, and holder... :p

one powersupply has already failed...

it has a device in it, labeled as 250volt, 2 amp, 130 degrees... this is open circuit on the dead supply, and closed on a good supply... I assume it went open circuit when the transistor it was next to reached 130 degrees... OUCH!!!

they have no heatinks on the transistors... I think I'll add some :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back