Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

My LOGIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
techno gilles you genius! so far so good, its operating nicely. only incorporated the first chip ( 4072 ) but its working fine, no fluctutations! ill continue the rest tommorrow. cheers bud.

What are you referring to?

I'm referring to the already mentioned advice to connect each input pin of a CMOS-device somewhere, either to ground or VDD via pulldown or pullup resistors. If you want a steady state on one input you might connect it directly to ground or VDD.

Always remember: A CMOS input has to go somewhere. Leaving it unconnected (floating) you never know how the circuit acts - hence a PERHAPS-GATE.

The only natural PERHAPS-GATEs I know of are women.

Giving them flowers they might appreciate them or think you'll have to hide something bad. :)

Boncuk

it works! thanks guys for ya advice. just got to put it into a prjoect box. anyone know much bout the matrix baord assembly and wire wrapping?

I use a prototyping PCB. JayCar sell a range.

They have stores in Australia & New Zealand and mail order outlets in the UK & USA.

They also sell a a range of Breadboards which employ wire jumpers. No soldering or wire wrapping required.

Go to Jaycar Electronics - Better. More Technical.

Search for Cat # HP-9550, HP-9556, HP-9558 (there are others I have not listed).

Breadboards PB-8832, PB-8814 & PB-8816 and the jumper kit is PB-8850.

However you can make your own jumpers using 0.6 mm wire.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back