Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

My dog ate my GE Prelit Christmas tree electric cord, NEED HELP FAST!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VICKYT227

Hi I'm not ususally a person that posts on chats, but I am desperate. My small dog chewed my electrical cords to my GE prelit Colorado Spruce tree in half. UPC803993182209. Model 24LED-7MMb-700(0,17). I also see on the tag are E208473 and manufacture date of 0618. If there is anyone that could help me find a replacement for the cord that comes from the adapter to the pedal to the tree.

Attachments

• IMG_4091 2.JPG
    IMG_4091 2.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 244
  • IMG_4091.JPG
    IMG_4091.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,433
  • IMG_0547 2.JPG
    IMG_0547 2.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 270
  • IMG_1100 2.JPG
    IMG_1100 2.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 274
  • IMG_1578 2.JPG
    IMG_1578 2.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 297
  • IMG_1744 2.JPG
    IMG_1744 2.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 247
  • IMG_4820 2.JPG
    IMG_4820 2.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 216
  • IMG_5529 2.JPG
    IMG_5529 2.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 240
  • IMG_8124 2.JPG
    IMG_8124 2.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 215
  • IMG_8292 2.JPG
    IMG_8292 2.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 227
Welcome to ETO

Have you ever used a soldering iron? You might be able to fix this with some coaching.

I don't think you will be buy those items but it may be possible to repair them. Can you post a picture of the adaptor showing the lable with the rating such as output voltage and power rating. Also showing the connector to the damaged cable .(If the cable is not hard wired into the adapter.) I am assuming that it is a plug in adaptor with a plug and socket to the first piece of cable which runs to one side of the pedal. A cable then comes out ofthe other side of the pedal which goes to a plug and socket to connect it to the tree. I suspect that there will only be low voltage on the cable from the adaptor. Can you confirm that the bottom of the pedal is held on with screws ? Do you have a soldeing iron ?

Les.

Please see picture of the adaptor. I dont have the skills to fix something like this

Attachments

• IMG_7184 4.JPG
    IMG_7184 4.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 250
If you don't think you can repair it even with help from forum members then it might be worth trying to contact the manufacturer.

Les.

Any part numbers on the power adapter or other end?

You might be ale to replace the entire harness, if you find the correct information. Don't give up yet.

One problem I can see with trying to repair it is that as the output is DC and I can't see any marker stripe on the cable and if the cable has bean totaly severed there may be a problem getting the polarity correct.

Les.

Can we get a picture of all the parts in one place? The adapter that you posted, does it plug directly into a wall socket? What is the 'pedal' used for - just as an On/0ff switch or is that 'knob' a dimmer?

I saw screws on the back of the pedal. Since it is useless as is, perhaps you can carefully remove those screws and tack the back off. Then more pictures.

Think it is more like this.

This is where the pedal in severed

OPTION 1
If you can disconnect the foot switch, bring it over to a local True Value or ACE hardware store and ask for advice. Find the oldest employee in the store and act helpless - see what happens.

OPTION 2
Put the whole tree in your car and bring it back to ?home Depot and Exchange it for one that is not damaged. The worst thing they can do is say "no".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back