Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Musical money box - help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

electroblob

Hi!

I need help!

If anyone knows of any circuits that could be used in a coin-operated musical money-box, please reply!
:cry:

I'm not very good at electronics :oops:

You mean something like when you drop money in it, music plays.

Hmmm... possibly, you could try having a standard music circuit hooked up to a push on, push off switch, so when the switch is hit by the money it activates a one time musical chord, however this would only work one time, then the next it wouldn't, then the next it would.

I honestly don't know what to tell you, you may want to fiddle with a normally open pushbutton in a similar fashion, that's what arcade machines use, but I don't know the circuitry well enough to design one that will continue to work when the button is pushed only for that split second.

well, i think that you cand use something else than a switch. how about making your own contact with 2 wires. place the wires so that when a coin passes trough the hole, it also passes between the wires and a connection is established trough the coin. i am not sure you understand what i mean.
the problem is that it works only with coins. and about the music, well i have a schematic that is just intended for such a thing. it uses transistors, and it doesn't have a predefined song. it sounds different each time. if you are interested i can scan it.

The M66 is small ic that can drive a small speaker or piezo buzzer
cheap and easy to use (and available at Maplin if u liv in the uk)

M66T-02B Twinkle Twinkle Little Star 16·4sec
M66T-36 Old McDonald Had a Farm 24·8sec
M66T-205 I’d Like To Teach The World To Sing 20·4sec
M66T-214 White Christmas 49·5sec
M66T-215 Warning Tone 10·8sec

Triggering it is bit more complicated,for this a 555 used as a monostable should do the trick. Have a look at this link to a light sensitive switch
http://www.kpsec.freeuk.com/projects/lalarm.htm

:)

why do you use the light switch?
i was thinking of a thing that will trigger the music when you put money inside it.
i have a few ideas about the triggering circuit, but ill need to see how the music box looks like. a picture could do great.

was hinting at the use of an optical break beam sensor as a trigger,
coin op switches are bulky and difficult to come by (in England at least).

Though I do like the idea of using just two wires shorted by the falling coin

well i was thinking that you could make the coin switch. it's all about attaching some wires. you can use tape or something to fix the wires in place. you can use simple copper wire covered in soldering aloy to prevent corrosion in time on the copper wire. or you can use steel wires, but i think that they are preetty hard to find.
i think that the optical switch is a better solution, but i don't think that it is a good solution if you plan on powering the device on batteries, because they will not last long enough.

No, youre right. Good design if often simple.

Tinned copper wire and tape would work but I dont think it would be reliable enough. A suitable wire could be obtained by straightening a small spring,the sort commonly found in cassete players should suffice.

As for the battery life problem,mount a micro-switch on the underside activated by a small plunger.When the box is sitting on plunger the batteries are physicaly disconnected, pick up the box batteries connect and electronics waits for coin switch operation - tune plays, put box down batteries disconnect.

hello i need help making a visual and audio electronic money box it is going to to be using a 555 as a monostable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back