Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multisim

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am glad that there is a cure for the measles dots from Multisim, but all the schematics I have seen are still infected with dots.

this is the schamtic with no dots...so can anyone give me a hand tell me what is the error on this circuit..this is because i am new to schematic diagram..
thanks

Attachments

• L298 schematic_ver1.1.PNG
    L298 schematic_ver1.1.PNG
    67.8 KB · Views: 1,263
Thaks for curing the measles dots.
In addition to the input not having a ground reference, the 12V battery was not connected properly.
Try this:

Attachments

• L298.PNG
    L298.PNG
    13.2 KB · Views: 674
i follow what you said, however is still the same result. The problem i scared is that the component that i create my own got mistake on it...i meant the L298IC..this is because i cannot find the library.

And another problem is that when i connect the ground, it pop up warning saying cannot connect the digital ground and the analog ground.
i already attach the image below

Attachments

• L298 schematic_ver1.1.PNG
    L298 schematic_ver1.1.PNG
    67.8 KB · Views: 439
  • L298 ic_ver1.PNG
    L298 ic_ver1.PNG
    67 KB · Views: 549
  • L298 schematic_ver1.2.PNG
    L298 schematic_ver1.2.PNG
    76.3 KB · Views: 862
Get rid of the analog signal generator and use digital logic inputs to the L298.

i still face the same problem after i changed to digital input.what should i do?

Attachments

• L298 schematic_ver2.0.PNG
    L298 schematic_ver2.0.PNG
    81.6 KB · Views: 479
Hi,
I have used Multisim before. You don't need a ground to the function generator as long as there is a ground in the schematic. This is the same for the oscilloscope.
You can't use + and - of the function generator to test this schematic and it is also not needed.
Just connect one of the input to Vcc and you will see the motor turnning in one direction. Remove the Vcc from the input and connect to another input, you will see the motor running in another direction. Remember to connect the enable pin to Vcc.

bananasiong said:
Hi,
I have used Multisim before. You don't need a ground to the function generator as long as there is a ground in the schematic. This is the same for the oscilloscope.
You can't use + and - of the function generator to test this schematic and it is also not needed.
Just connect one of the input to Vcc and you will see the motor turnning in one direction. Remove the Vcc from the input and connect to another input, you will see the motor running in another direction. Remember to connect the enable pin to Vcc.

still got error on it..it say wat u1_open_o3
by the way, if the component is not found in the library of multisim, can i simulate that chip?

katew said:
still got error on it..it say wat u1_open_o3
by the way, if the component is not found in the library of multisim, can i simulate that chip?
What is u1? Can you show your current schematic? I have no idea if there is no the chip you want.

bananasiong said:
What is u1? Can you show your current schematic? I have no idea if there is no the chip you want.

the chip is L298...i cannot find the lib file which i can fit into multisim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back