Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multisim

Status
Not open for further replies.

katew

i recently just download Multisim from NI.However i cannot find the component for L298.Do you guys know where to find it?And do you guy know how to used it..

how the hell has this ANYTHING to do with robotics?!?

bloody-orc said:
how the hell has this ANYTHING to do with robotics?!?
L298's are used to run motors, and multisim is used to draw schematics. That seems pretty obvious, so why the capital letters and triple punctuation?

This forum is for:
Specific to discussions about robots and the making of.

I thought, that this should be more appropriate to somewhere else. This should be for: "How to follow a line, what sensors do you use...I use those" type of questions.

So what is it about controlling motors and drawing schematics that you feel is out of bounds for this forum? Lighten up - eh.

Are there any numbers in the blacked-out displays in the Multisim schematic?
Why are they blacked-out?

Why is the Multisim schematic a fuzzy JPG file type instead of a very clear GIF or PNG file type?

audioguru said:
Are there any numbers in the blacked-out displays in the Multisim schematic?
Why are they blacked-out?

Why is the Multisim schematic a fuzzy JPG file type instead of a very clear GIF or PNG file type?
Am I missing something? I don't see either a link or a schematic in this thread.

Papabravo said:
Am I missing something? I don't see either a link or a schematic in this thread.
Gramo posted a fuzzy JPG schematic of a PIC and an L298. There is an amp-meter with its numbers blacked-out. There is another thing that has a blacked-out label or display, maybe it is a motor.

I didn't think it was a multisim schematic - it looks superficially like an Eagle production, but upon closer examination I see the differences. I thought you were refering to a schematic supposedly posted by the OP.

Is it Multisim that makes a schematic that is a negative, with an awful black background?

audioguru said:
Gramo posted a fuzzy JPG schematic of a PIC and an L298. There is an amp-meter with its numbers blacked-out. There is another thing that has a blacked-out label or display, maybe it is a motor.

It's an image I created some time ago, before learning the benifits of .png :rolleyes:

On another note, the software is Proteus, ISIS, not MultiSim or Eagle

gramo said:
It's an image I created some time ago, before learning the benifits of .png :rolleyes:

i had used Eagle to draw the schematic however that are no simulation in it.It can only generate PCB layout and check the circuit with error or not.

Is Proteus,ISIS a freeware? The software,Multisim that i currently using now is a 30days trial version from NI. I need help to get the L298 library file. This is because i tried to create component for L298 for Multisim,but dunno what footprint meant...

katew said:
i had used Eagle to draw the schematic however that are no simulation in it.It can only generate PCB layout and check the circuit with error or not.

Is Proteus,ISIS a freeware? The software,Multisim that i currently using now is a 30days trial version from NI. I need help to get the L298 library file. This is because i tried to create component for L298 for Multisim,but dunno what footprint meant...

No its not. You can use the pre-developed boards that come with **broken link removed**, or read more about the VSM software here http://www.labcenter.co.uk/index_uk.htm

gramo said:

By the logic of your signature I assume you are advocating the development of PIC applications in COBOL since far and away the vast bulk of developed software was developed in that language.;)

katew said:

A footprint is the geometry required to place a component on a printed circuit board. It may consist of pads alone, or pads with holes.

i tried to create my own L298 for multisim. i dunno whether it work correctly or not. When i start simulated it, it pop up an error message that i attacted below.

This is because i was asked to used a function generator to generate the PWM signal. So i used the function generator icon to simulate it.
Hope that you guys can give me some help

Attachments

• L298 schematic_ver1.PNG
    L298 schematic_ver1.PNG
    19.5 KB · Views: 1,862
  • error message_ver1.PNG
    error message_ver1.PNG
    8.9 KB · Views: 545
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips