Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multiprocessor communication micro chip

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking of one idea where in case of single processor not able to handle all the software load i want to create multi processor architecture of micro chip dspic30f family as proof of concept. Is it feasible? I am sorry if I am vague.

Of course it is.... IMAC and PC's have done it for years..

In my old amiga there were decicated processors for Video, Sound and IO etc.. to take the burden from the main processor...

PC's always use graphics processors and BIOS processors... Most 16 bit plus processors have DMA control to let other processors do other tasks..

But what methodology should I follow to communicate between the controllers. Can I think of some shared memory between the controllers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back