Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multiport output in isolated boost converters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archit

Hello everyone!
My project is to have two boosted output voltages (250 V and 250V) from a single input and single converter. Some where I read that boost converters(Current-Fed) gas inherent multiport interface capability. I dont know the reason though. I am guessing that, it is because there is no output inductor( as in buck derived topologies). I am not sure though. Please can anyone explain me this. I need to give a thorough explaination to my guide about this.
Thanks

I would wind the two 250V windings "byfiller". or at least try to keep the two windings very close together.
Boost or Flyback power supplies have less turns of wire in the transformer. = less resistance to upset multiple output regulation.
A forward power supply has more turns + the filter = more resistance. (but if often use a "transformer" for the filter inductor. That helps keep all the outputs connected together.
Example: for your 250V x2 supply, I would wind both filter coils on the same core. Using the same number of turns.

I don't know if I helped. If you need to say Boost is better for multiple output then go with the less resistance reasoning. Also a transformer with less wire probably has less "leakage inductance" which will cause trouble on a unloaded output.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back