Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multiple output power supplies

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnnewton

Hello,
I have a project where i currently have 3 pcb's and they all have their own 12V and 5V SMPS running from 24Vdc connection to all, built using National's simple switcher. Now i have the need to generate a +/- 10V analog signal using a 0-5vdc ouput from the uC from one board which will require a minimum of +/- 10 Vdc if i use a rail to rail op amp but would prefer 12V (head room), and power a 3 V ic on another. I am almost out of room on the pcbs and was wondering what the best way to get the added voltages was. to summarize, i need:

Board 1: 12 V, 1.5A, 5 V .5 A
Board 2: 5V .5A, 3V .5A
Board 3: 5V .5A, +/-12 V .5A

Tried nationals Webbench, they seem to use all custom transformers, which i do not even want to mess with. (I like digikey!!!)

jnnewton said:
Hello,
I have a project where i currently have 3 pcb's and they all have their own 12V and 5V SMPS running from 24Vdc connection to all, built using National's simple switcher. Now i have the need to generate a +/- 10V analog signal using a 0-5vdc ouput from the uC from one board which will require a minimum of +/- 10 Vdc if i use a rail to rail op amp but would prefer 12V (head room), and power a 3 V ic on another. I am almost out of room on the pcbs and was wondering what the best way to get the added voltages was. to summarize, i need:

Board 1: 12 V, 1.5A, 5 V .5 A
Board 2: 5V .5A, 3V .5A
Board 3: 5V .5A, +/-12 V .5A

Tried nationals Webbench, they seem to use all custom transformers, which i do not even want to mess with. (I like digikey!!!)

From Board 1, if you tap the ac output and put a diode and filter , you can still get -ve voltage, and this can be regulated to -12V.
Now you can use +/-12 V from this power supply and amplify the analog signal derived from your micro-controller, with a suitable Opamp with required slue rate. the gain can be adjusted to get -/+10V signal at the output.

Finally the addition is not much compared to the advantage of deriving -12V.

Tried nationals Webbench, they seem to use all custom transformers,
Try again; are you logged in? I see an inductor listed for every design I try, normally with 10 alternate suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back