Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multimeter Requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.
A meter will display a number, but what that number means depends on how the meter is interpreting what it sees.
A scope is best; that way you do the interpreting.

Thanks for the heads up and information... I think I will buy a cheap unit and will be looking at your suggestions...

I have a quick question, how do you know or test if your MM is accurate?

Dennis

Hi, I haven't seen any mention of how you do this so I am bumping this... Sorry if this is a silly newbie question and I suppose I'll figure it someday, but hoping to find out how you do this now...

Thanks,
Dennis

Hi, I haven't seen any mention of how you do this so I am bumping this... Sorry if this is a silly newbie question and I suppose I'll figure it someday, but hoping to find out how you do this now...

Thanks,
Dennis

hi,
For general purpose work if you need to check the DMM.
You can get low voltage reference [2.50V are common] also 0.1% tolerance resistors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back