Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

multi loop pll frequency synthisier

Status
Not open for further replies.

roomi1973

hi there, iwas wondering if any body can help me to design amulti loop phase locked loop frequency synthisier to generate arange of frequencies between 1-10 MHZ, at aresolution of 10KHZ.
NOTE: Ineed two pll loop
thanks

This is a relatively advanced assignment that requires you to crack open the books for some research. I recommend: Digital PLL Frequency Synthesizers by Ulrich Rohde. When I first got into synthesizer design, I read several books about the subject and found that those books that focus on phase locked loops (such as texts by Gardner) were not as useful as those that specifically addressed frequency synthesizers. There are many texts covering these subjects now, so have a look around.

A dual loop design is typically not covered in the application notes for typical PLL synthesizer chips, but you may learn some things from such app notes and data sheets anyway. Makers include Fujitsu, Freescale, Analog Devices, Atmel, Silicon Labs, NXP, On Semi, Maxim, and many others.

Here is an old favorite part that I used way back in 1980 that is still available today:

**broken link removed**

The application section of this datasheet is very useful for the beginner and this IC is easy to use and would suit your project.

roomi1973 said:
hi there, iwas wondering if any body can help me to design amulti loop phase locked loop frequency synthisier to generate arange of frequencies between 1-10 MHZ, at aresolution of 10KHZ.
NOTE: Ineed two pll loop
thanks

PM me for additional guidance on specific designs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back