Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MPLAB X: Target device was not found (could not detect target voltage VDD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoboHan

I'm in the process of making a DC-motor . However, I'm getting an error, the problem is that my PICKIT3 will not connect to the microcontroller. What am I doing wrong?

I'm using PIC16F15325 controller and using MPLAB X IDE v5.45. I'm using PICKIT3 for programming/debugging.

What I think has gone wrong; could it be because pin 5 on PICKIT3-PGC is connected to VDD on the PIC?

Here's the output:

Code:

Connecting to MPLAB PICkit 3...

Currently loaded firmware on PICkit 3
Firmware Suite Version.....01.56.07
Firmware type..............Enhanced Midrange

Target device was not found (could not detect target voltage VDD). You must connect to a target device to use PICkit 3.

Here are my circuits and schematics:
issue1.png

issue2.jpg

issue3.jpg

What do I have to do, any suggestions?

As mentioned, you've connected it wrong. Plus, you need to power the circuit to get it to work. The PK3 will not power your circuit.

Mike.

So actually on the last picture I have attached, so the last (left) has no connection? So basically, the one to left, has to be free (not used)?

As mentioned, you've connected it wrong. Plus, you need to power the circuit to get it to work. The PK3 will not power your circuit.

Mike.

What am I doing wrong, I'm now using this power supply.
I've followed several tutorials on how to connect PICKIT3 to PIC, but that's what I got from them, what pins are wrong?

Here's my updated schematic, I am in the proces of making an 'smart project', where I'll control two DC Motors and a buzzer connected to the PIC microcontroller from a android phone wireless, through bluetooth.
mySchematic.png

Is it completely wrong done?

the arrow on pickit is mclr, vdd is beside it

Yeah, I found that out. Thanks for helping.
123aaa.png

I got the 'programming/debugging complete' output, but however after trying to run the project a few times all of sudden it stopped working, and I am now getting:

Code:
Loading completed
Connecting to programmer...
The programmer could not be started: null

Any idea, why I am getting that. And I haven't changed anything.

Mike.
I actually got it to work, but after a while (10-20 minutes) it stopped working. Could it because the battery is done?
(I know the power supply is off now, just turned it off)
123444.jpg

the arrow on pickit is mclr, vdd is beside it
Yeah, I found that out. Thanks for helping.
View attachment 131237

I got the 'programming/debugging complete' output, but however after trying to run the project a few times all of sudden it stopped working, and I am now getting:

Code:
Loading completed
Connecting to programmer...
The programmer could not be started: null

Any idea, why I am getting that. And I haven't changed anything (posted an image above of the power supply with battery).

I am getting 'Failed to program device... Target Vdd not detected. Please ensure the target device is connected' - So that means, that the battery is done?

Exit everything, unplug the PK3 and try again. MPLABX is disgustingly buggy and Microchip should be VERY ashamed of it.

Mike.

How long are the wires from PK3 to mcu ? They need to be as short as possible..

MPLABX is disgustingly buggy and Microchip should be VERY ashamed of it.
Have to agree, But it has improved slowly , and the linux version (with www switched off ) works fine for me (mostly) .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back