Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MPLAB IDE - Source Files Window Tabs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

This is only my third day of 'C18' programming and I know this is a bit trivial but it's bugging me....

When I build my main source file the editor window 'focus' keeps shifting from my source file tab to the c018i.c tab. Means more unnecessary mouse clicking. Same thing happens when I program the PIC.

Any way of stopping this? Thanks in advance for any help.

MPLAB%20Tabs.PNG

**broken link removed**

Turn off the Simulator (select "none" in the <debugger> and <select tool> menus)...

Last edited:
C0 is the startup code to setup the stack and init constants. Most often we do not care about or want to see it. Some debuggers have a option to run to main() and that solves the problem.

Short of that you have to set a breakpoint in main and hit run.

It is easy enough to deal with.

EDIT: I have seen people end up in C0 because there is a problem with the program. Like trying to run bits other then what they think they just compiled. If that makes sense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back