Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

mplab error 2 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

seti75

mplab error 2 ? [solved]

Hello to all

(I'm sorry, my English is very bad...I'm French)
I can't installed mplab, still the same error (error2 file not found)
I'm sho with mplab8.0...8.8... 8.7 always the same error.
I am using windows 7, l ' UAC is disabled and the antivirus is disable.
Thanks for your help

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Hello seti75. What site did you download from? You should only use the downloads from Microchip's website directly.

Try going to **broken link removed**, scroll all the way to the bottom, and click the one that says "MPLAB IDE v8.88". It will appear in your "downloads" folder when complete. double-click on the installer icon and follow the on-screen instructions. It should go fairly smoothly, if working correctly.

Hope this helps :)
Best wishes,
Matt

EDIT: You may have to extract the files with a file extraction tool before clicking on the installer, since I think it is a .zip extension.

Last edited:
It is on the site of microchip that I ais downloaded different versions of mplab

Try removing what you downloaded and attempt to re-install. It's possible you lost internet connection briefly during download and it caused the file to be unreadable. It's happened to me before. Try that and see if that helps.

Regards

I just tried again with version 8.80 download on the web site of microchip
-> exactly the same error ! I don't understand

I just tried again with version 8.80 download on the web site of microchip
-> exactly the same error ! I don't understand

Could you walk through everything that you are doing so we can try to figure it out? You might be missing a step somewhere.

run as administrator...problem solved, mplab perfect installation!

Thanks to all, this forum is still very "live"...

Well many thanks to Ian. I would never have thought of running as admin :p:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back