Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MPLAB and coding questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Forum.

I've been out of it for a while, a long while, but a project has brought me back. And I'm enjoying it.

Anyway I now have MPLAB X v3.45 and am trying to do things the way I used to.

My first issue is that in the Watches window where I would like to monitor some General Purpose Ram, I can not get the name label to read as I specified it in the program.
I.e., address 0x20 (First program memory location used for GPR RAM) I name it "COUNT".
But I cannot get the watch window to display COUNT. I can only specify 0x20.
I suspect it has something to do with CBLOCK (& ENDC) and I suspect this is no longer good practice.
I stumbled on something called Absolute coding compared with (the new) Reclocatable Coding. I'm guessing this also has something to do with it.

I also see some things saying to use UDATA instead of CBLOCK. I tried to implement it but no lock.

Can someone put me on the right path?

I'm excited to share my new project and what I have been working on but want to sort out this out first.

(assembly)
Code:
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;::;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;                                                                                                  ;
;                        Program: Example                               ;
;                        Comments:                                                                 ;
;                                                                                                  ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;::;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

LIST            P=PIC16F737
        INCLUDE         P16F737.INC
        __CONFIG        _CONFIG1, _CP_OFF & _CCP2_RC1 & _DEBUG_OFF & _VBOR_2_0 & _BOREN_OFF & _MCLR_OFF & _PWRTE_ON & _WDT_OFF & _XT_OSC 
        __CONFIG        _CONFIG2, _BORSEN_OFF & _IESO_OFF & _FCMEN_OFF 
        ERRORLEVEL      -302    ; Suppress warning message; "Operand Not in bank 0, check to ensure bank bits are correct"
        ERRORLEVEL      -205    ; Suppress warning message; "Found directive in column 1."

CBLOCK   0x20
COUNT
ENDC

ORG     H'000'                  ; Processor reset vector location. On power up, the program jumps here
        GOTO    SETUP                   ; 
        ORG     H'004'                  ; Interrupt vector location. When an Interrupt occurs, the program jumps here
        GOTO    ISR

Thanks,
Jake.

Actually, I can view GPR register names in the watch window, but ony when not in debug mode... When building for debug mode, they all disappear and I can only add them back into the watches window by address (0x20) and not by name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back