Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MPC755 Processor Weirdness

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuchy143

Hi,

I have a single board computer I am trying to fix and it appears that the Com port on it gets slow. The data comes out but it is delayed inside the processor significantly. This only happens after a file is loaded over an Ethernet bridge on the board to the PCI bus and then to the processor. This file is loaded during the boot process for the processor(so i'm told).

I have checked the basic hardware stuff for a digital card. Resets, clocks, and power and everything seems okay. No ripple or anything scary.

Has anyone experienced such an issue where the processor seems to slow down the com port?

I hate blaming software but I'm not sure what else I can look at for hardware on the card.

Can anyone shed some light onto where to look for the problem? I'm stumped.

Thanks!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back