Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mpasmwin and Notepad++

Status
Not open for further replies.

augustinetez

Before I start digging in to getting Notepad++ to run Mpasmwin.exe and compile an asm program, I thought I might ask here first to see if any body else has managed it rather than re-inventing the wheel.

Final aim is to actually run Mpasmx.exe (from MPlab X 5.35) so I can compile for some later chips not supported by MPlab 8.92.

Yes, I know I need Nppexec for this - already installed.

And no, I don't want to run/use that overbloated ******* called MPlab X.

Like many others I find MPLABX fine, and it will certainly offer a LOT more facilities than Notepad++ and MPASMX.

I suspect you may have to sort it out yourself, as few people will have ever bothered doing such a thing - apart from back in the 1990's :D

MPlab "whatever!!" is only an IDE... You can compile with any IDE.... Eclipse is quite a good tool.

I use VSM from Proteus... OR! I have paid for Textpad.. I use Texpad for ZX Basic and some other weird stuff I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back