Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

mp3 cd player focusing problem--can any1 help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bogdanfirst

ok, i got an pm3 player and it can't focus on some cd-s
some work perfetly, but it just can't focus on others. i have tried with same type of cd's, same brand, and some work, some don't
could it be a problem from the cd-writer i am using?
please adveice me....

ok, forgot the most important thing.
describing the problem....
here is how it is...
normally i place the cd in and then it starts turning, i get a message 'reading table if contents' for about 1-2 seconds then i get something like Albums: 000, files: 000 and after 1-2 it displays the total number of files and albums and then it starts playing.
now, on some cd-s, the cd starts turning, and i hear some clicks that are caused by the lance mooving and touching the bottom of it's housing. it does this a few times. at each click the rotating speed is increased, then it decreases. the clicks are about one per second.
then after about 5-8 clicks i get a message, STOP READ ERROR

Yeah, I have had a similar problem with my mp3 cd player, the best thing to do is make sure that the burner is setup to burn mp3 CDs rather than data cds with mp3s on and make sure that the cd is clean and flat before putting it into the burner to burn.

the thing is that it can read data cd-s. it can find an mp3 in a whole data cd. and, also, it can read multisession, cd-rw and vcds, but it doesnt have a video output, so i can only listen to them :)) if i put in a data cd from computer magazines and other, it can read it, and if it finds an mp3(usually there are 1 or 2 each month) it plays it, if it doesn't, it tells me that there are no mp3 on the cd.
i used the burner setup as a mp3 cd. i used 2 burning softwares. it seems that the other mp3 cd player i have can't read some of the cds eiter.
and the cd is clean and flat too wen i put it into the drive.
could it be a problem with the cd writer?like a dirty lens? i got the cd writer for about 2.5 years and i didn't clean the lance since now. i wrote some cds on other cd writer and they work fine.
hope someone can help me solve this problem soon :))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back