Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

moving screen on MP3 player

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew2022

i have an old archos MP3 player which doesnt get used much now. i plan on modifing it so itll go in my car, however, the screen cables needs extended about 3.5CM. it has 2 'flexable' PCB type connectors which go into a white connector on the main PCB. whats the easiest way to extend this so i can move the screen?

Is it the 'flat' cable (almost paper thin) or a ribbon cable like the 40 pin cables on hard drives?

I'd say find a way to extend the cable. you might want to just cut and splice the cable longer or try to find a longer piece of the same cable.

my guess is it's the flexible plastic ribbon, that clamps into the connectors on either end, like the kind pictured here:

**broken link removed**

in that case your only hope is to find some compatible cables that are longer. That might be quite difficult... but you MAY be able to find new ones at digikey or somewhere...

jrz126 said:
Is it the 'flat' cable (almost paper thin) or a ribbon cable like the 40 pin cables on hard drives?

I'd say find a way to extend the cable. you might want to just cut and splice the cable longer or try to find a longer piece of the same cable.

its really thin, and its def not cable. i tried takin a pic but it isnt clear enough to work out what is what due to its size. cuttin and extending does not look like an option. what i was thinkin was solderin thin cables to the PCB and screen connector

evandude - the cables is fixed at the screen side. also, it is similar to what you pictured, but is more of a dark red, thin PCB type cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back