Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

mouse scroll device

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBASilveira

hello you all.
I've been googling for a devices included in the usual mouses which is the scroll roller.
I opened an old roller ball mouse and it has two technologies to work with the rollers.
Infra-red and a strange component, it seams to be something like a potenciometer, or a trim, but I don't think so. I belive it is something like a double switch that works alternatively with the direction the person rolls it... do you know this?

I'm really sorry for my english, beein true, I have to go right now, I could review the text, realy sorry.

hugs

thank you for the replay.
Well, in fact I have two of the IR LED devices, but this technology requires a huge precision which I don't have.
I was looking for a device, in there to, but, works in a diferent way, I presume it acts like two switches, but in fact I don't know, it looks like a trimm potenciometer ...

That's an rotary encoder GBASilverira like house said. You apply VCC and GND to two pins, and you'll get little pulses of voltage out of the other two that can be used to determine which direction the wheel is turning and how fast. They usually provide a square wave out of phase from one another, you can determin which direction the wheel is turning by determining which leading edge comes first.

ok .... I'm sorry ...

thanks a lot

this is to apply in a project as a mixer midi controller. rouding each rotary, a circular led array.... do you knowany project like this?

thank you

I didn't quiet follow that last post GBA, what exactly is it for?

I'm developing a midi controller and a DAW software.
Now I'm focusing on the controllers, Some pics may help ...
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

midi is straight serial data, not hard to decode or play with.

It is really difficult to know what you are asking. Perhaps you can find someone to translate your intentions and repost.

oh, sorry for my english yesterday, in fact, usualy I don't speak that bad.
I have been googling for DIY controllers, looking like those I posted in here, but I coun't go further, I coun't find any, the only thing I found was a circular graph which can be really helpfull.
I though on a PIC, but those controllers and 16 bit shift register for the communication with the displays, but it would require a lot of cicles and for sure a huge time. The controller I am planning has 8 sliders, 8 rotary encoders, 16 switches, 16 series of 16 LEDs, and 2 alphanumeric LCD. a huge and expencive project for sure :) I know, and still at the begining ... lol.
I though that a uController could send a 16bit data for a pararell/Serial converter (8bit) and the remaining to a demultiplexer, then, the serial data sould travel to each shift register while the knobs should send data to the pic and this via USB to the computer. maybe this should be the best way, if there was not the first pararell / serial converter, the pic should be alway sending data, this way, the ucontroller can receive and transmit for other place, it could be even faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back