Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mounting Inverters That Have No Mounting Bracket Included?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would I mount it? Hell, I would just throw it away, OK, super glue! :)

I would like to see the bottom of the thing but....

I would call McMaster Carr supply and buy a square sheet of 1/8" thick plate aluminum. Then I would make a bottom plate like this unit has. C'mon, get creative here.

Ron

Last edited:
How would I mount it? Hell, I would just throw it away, OK, super glue! :)

I would like to see the bottom of the thing but....

I would call McMaster Carr supply and buy a square sheet of 1/8" thick plate aluminum. Then I would make a bottom plate like this unit has. C'mon, get creative here.

Ron

Well I have an inverter similar to the one above that has no mounts, and yeah, I did get creative and made a contraption to hold it in place, but just wanted to double check that there are not any standard mounts available for these inverters that come with no mounts... I don't know why anyone would make them this way! At least put it on and then give me the option to take it off. I know my current old one doesn't have any ports on the bottom so you can mount it to something so I assume this is the same way. :)

Also, does Electro-Tech-Online give away support awards, as you definitely need one. Every post I make, Ron is there to help out lol. You have my vote!

Last edited:
You may be able to fabricate some strapping material or use a few small "L" brackets but I don't see a quick and EZ to it.

Ron

[QUOTEAlso, does Electro-Tech-Online give away support awards, as you definitely need one. Every post I make, Ron is there to help out lol. You have my vote! ][/QUOTE]

Its the little black Star at the bottom of Ron's Avator..........:)

Use high quality nylon cable ties. I made a ceiling fan out of a 20" box fan once by hanging it from some trusses with four cable ties. It was used constantly for many years before we finally cut it loose to move it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back