Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Motorola verses Pic Microcontrollers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I am new to microcontrollers and was wodering which should I start with.
Should i use Motorola or PIC.
Someone help me!

thanks

electronics_freak said:
I am new to microcontrollers and was wodering which should I start with.
Should i use Motorola or PIC.

It depends really what you want to do with them, PIC's are small and cheap and use a RISC architecture - this means they are fairly simple to get to grips with. The Motorola processors are probably more powerful, but cost more and are less simple to use.

Using something like a PIC 16F628 will cost you very little to get started, and there's lots of help available. PIC's are cheap enough and easy enough to use to replace things like a 555 timer - it's not as cheap, but it uses a lot less parts and is far more accurate and versatile.

For what it costs I would suggest you try PIC's, and see how you get on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back