Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Motor identification

Status
Not open for further replies.

lexter

Hi!

Could anyone help me identifying the motor. There are 6 pins sticking out of it. When connecting 5V DC to the pins 1 & 6, it goes in one direction, when switching polarity, goes into reverse ... So, looks like a DC motor. The pins are connected to some sort of a PCB, with a number of resistors, cap and a chip, labeled ("ST 293 9113").
Motor has cylindrical shape, on the side it says "escap 26L2R, 28 216 BP100Y 268, RMB"

Could anyone give me some specs, if seen such a beast?

lexter said:
"escap 26L2R, 28 216 BP100Y 268, RMB"

Howdy,

It's made by Portescap, which are high quality Swiss motors (at least they used to be; who knows anymore). Your motor seems to be an ironless DC motor, perhaps with a built-in encoder. (They make a 6-pin brushless, slotless motor, the 26BC series, but the nomenclature doesn't quite fit.) Consult their web page for more info; minimally you can contact them:

Ironless DC motor
26 = dia in mm
L = motor length long
2R = ball bearings
28 = commutation system
216 = winding type

**broken link removed**

Corey

saturn1bguy said:
Howdy,

It's made by Portescap, which are high quality Swiss motors (at least they used to be; who knows anymore). Your motor seems to be an ironless DC motor, perhaps with a built-in encoder. (They make a 6-pin brushless, slotless motor, the 26BC series, but the nomenclature doesn't quite fit.) Consult their web page for more info; minimally you can contact them:

Corey

Thanx!
So, it is a DC motor with some sort of encoder. Now just have to wait until they will reply to my request! :)
Thanx again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back