Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ford component identification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyeoljin

I'm trying to identify a transistor looking part on this board out of an amplifier in a mustang. I'm wondering if anyone was able to identify the 110-1CB or 110-3CA components in the TO-92 package. My google search led me here because there's another thread someone looking for the same parts here: https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/transistor-specs-needed.152918/
Apparently this is a common Ford comment they used in many different modules for a while and I think it would help a lot of people doing tough repairs if it could be replaced with an equivalent.
20220222_192004.jpg

Do you have a multimeter with "Diode test"?

Try between the middle terminal and either outer one & see which polarity conducts & shows as a diode, one way only on at several devices of one type.

Then try the same on the other type, and see if its the same polarity or opposite?

That will show if they are NPN, PNP or one of each.

Obviously Q803 is blown, as is R808. Looks like R807 is also almost blown, very scorched. Try to read or get its value first, it is likely the same value as R808.
Try to read any markings on both Q803 and Q804. They may be different, or they may be the same - depends on the design...

110-1CB in the TO-92 package.
While looking I found these being related from different places so maybe one of them.
Ford mostly uses masked part numbers for off the shelf stuff.

"transistor 110 3CG BC647 110 3CG transistor 110 3CG bc459c pin configuration transistor BC549 transistor bc237 - bc337 bc459 pin configuration NPN transistor BC560"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back