Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Motor controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

tintin_VN

I really need help in the project which is motor controller. Somebody can help me with the circuit (electric motor, power electric converter, and control circuit). I will use the DC-motor:
1) Bi-direction
2) Start by push bottom
3)Speed control (faster or slower, and without jerking at low speed)
4) Breaking.

Thank you a lot in advance

I don't know how you plan to use this, as in will this be driven by a micro controller or something else..
What size motor? how much current draw?

If you want something cheep and simple up to 1Amp just get a SN754410 HBridge,and a hex inverter.
You can hook a motor to the Hbridge and the Hbridge inputs to a Micro controller ( one to a hex inverter and to the same MCU pin as the other input).
Set the micro to do Pulse-width and vary the Pulse width to get smooth speed control both backwards and forwards, as well as a limited braking. Start by push button? not sure how you would get that without a micro controller ....

Perhaps you can also use a 555 timer to generate a pulswidth and vary it with a POT, and have a push button to turn it on and off. It would accomplish the same task as an MCU without the need to program anything...(still need an H-bridge) If this sounds like what you need let me know I can post up a quick schematic...

Edman222,
Thank for your help. The motor size is free of choice. It is just require that need to have a power converter (because we plug in the 120 V outlet), and a control circuit.
Can you please post the schematic include the power converter and control circuit?
Thanks so much

Wait so this is a 120V motor???
err I was talking more like 5-30v ish (1amp max).

Or are you planing to use a 120V-12V transformer, then circuit to motor?
What exactly are you planing on driving with this motor, and what voltage and current would it require?

:D

i think he like me is trying to create a robot with variable speed running on a variable power supply plugged to a 120V outlet(i am in india so i plug to a 240V outlet)

Do you need to make it or can you buy it thare are many on the market. Andy

In case some one wants something like this.. (2amps max with var speed and direction..)
You can use a 555 or mcu to generate the PWM and vary the duty cycle.
Sorry if the schematic is a bit messy! But i think its quite self explanatory if you grab a data sheet of the parts

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back