Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

motor control

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnjohn.gano

help pleas....
I,m doing a project about conveyor and I,m having a problem on how to retract the motor once it push one item....

can you explain bit more about what you really want to do with the motor?? is it driving the convayer and you want to reverse it? or to have a slow down etc?

If you are trying to get the motor to change direction, here is a really simple circuit that can do that for you. You will need to create the trigger yourself because I don't know what the rest of you circuit looks like.

Attachments

• flip flop 1.JPG
    flip flop 1.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 184
  • bush_phone_upsidedown.jpg
    bush_phone_upsidedown.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
If you are trying to get the motor to change direction, here is a really simple circuit that can do that for you. You will need to create the trigger yourself because I don't know what the rest of you circuit looks like.

what about if he is using AC motors?? or other types of DC with different field winding to controll the speed?

I don't know, but AC motors are not popular because it is so hard to change their speeds. DC motors you just modify the input voltage

Need to know up front: Line voltage, horsepower, AC/DC, variable speed?, 1vs3 phase if AC

For small DC servo applications, an "H" bridge and RS flip-flop is fine. Adjustable speed can be accomplished with variable input to the bridge.

High power DC applications, reverse the armature. H Bridge, transistors or contactors depending on horsepower. General practice is to keep a field at the same polarity to maintain the residual field in the motor iron. Works up to 5000 HP from personal experience.

For poly-phase AC, reverse two phases. For single phase, reverse start (and run) windings. Reversing conveyors is serious business; should have a "soft-start" controller at the minimum.

Please note that my references are from heavy industrial automation applications. 5 HP and less are considered small motors. If this is a very small installation, a large RC servo might well do the job.

I talk too much, don't I?..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back