Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Motion Detector

Status
Not open for further replies.

d0n

Hi guys i need to build a simple motion detector counter shown in a 7 segment. The two sensor will be place together at the entrance to count people, if someone pass through sensor1 it will increment 1 and shown on the 7seg, where else if that guy leaves the room(through sensor2 first) it will decrement. Anyone got the circuit diagram? Sorry i'm new to engineering, i can only explain this far.

X Y Z
0 0 Nothing happen
0 1 Decrement
1 0 Increment
1 1 Nothing happen

Attachments

• diagram_176.jpg
    diagram_176.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 594
One option wod be to have an rotaing door.So that evry guest wod rotate it an a switch wod make an pulse to an binary counter that drives an LED display.

On other option is an IR photo cell that detects wen someone breaks an IR lignt beam.The same cod be done whith an ultrasonic sensor.

There cod also be an plate that sencser wen someone steps on it.But this is unacurate.

One possibility would be to use an up/down counter like the 4510. You would need to do two things, (1) generate a single clock pulse from each sensor, and (2), based on which sensor is generating the clock, use this signal to set the 4510 to either count up or down.

Have a search for "up down counter" here and in google.

One link: **broken link removed**

I have a related question. What is the smallest PIR sensor on the market? I'm not interested in the alarms or lenses, just the component that senses the IR change.

Nigel Goodwin said:
You need the fresnel lens to make it work!.

Fresnel denotes a type of construction method nothing else,
IR lenses can be concave or convex if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back