Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Motion detector connect to RS232

Status
Not open for further replies.

talar_bdg

Hi. Im new on this forum and i dunno english so well so sorry for few language mistakes!
I have a work to do. I need to connect motion detector to a computer. I want to do this by RS232. From detector are two signal outputs, so i connect it to pins number 4 and 7 (RTS and DTR). It is right?? How to test this connection??

In next step on my work, i have to write program (in C++). For begining, when detector detect a motion on the screen will appear a message like "Attention, motion detect".

Can somebody help me??:>

We have no idea what motion detector you're using, typically they only offer high/low outputs, you can't feed that into an RS232 serial port and expect results. You could in theory use a signalling like (like RTS CTS DTR etc..) as an on/off detector but you'd still need to level adjust the signal and poll the serial port.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back